Monday, March 6, 2017

Self image










Hello loves! Its Monday, again haha. I hope that it wasn't too brutal on you! Today I want to get a little personal and talk about self image/self love. Especially today with society telling us what we should look like, its hard for us women to truly love ourselves. I have struggled with it ever since I can remember and still today it is a huge factor. Comparison is so hard and comes so easily, especially with social media. Women are skinny, fit, tan, perfect always. As social media shows right? We get so caught up in feeling inadequate, wishing we could be different, look different. Because what we see on Instagram and Facebook, everyones lives are so much better than our own. And what we don't realize is that behind social media, everyone has their struggles. I am the most I have ever weighed. I have the worlds biggest sweet tooth and I would be lying if I said I didn't love to drink coke everyday. I have unwanted fat everywhere on my body and my cellulite on my but, you can see through my leggings. I don't have abs and some days have a hard time getting to motivation to even go to the gym. Derek and everyone can sit there and tell me I am beautiful no matter what and sometimes I don't believe it. We are our own worst critic. But slowly I am learning to love my body in the process of bettering myself. Every woman should love everything about them, including their flaws. But we should be working daily to better ourselves. Better than what we were yesterday. There is nothing wrong with loving yourself at 150 pounds and then loving yourself at 130. Its ok to love your fat and its ok to love the fat that you have lost. Being a woman is hard but I want to say something. You are imperfectly perfect. You are gorgeous no matter what the scale says or what society tries to tell you. You will go through many stages in life learning to love your body but don't ever let anyone convince you that you aren't worth it. Getting a little real and raw because sometimes I need to hear it too. So to all of you, you are all beautiful humans who deserve as much recognition as the models we see on the runway. Love you all! xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment