Friday, May 27, 2016

I Choose to Stay








On September 10, 2015 I lost my father to suicide. On September 11th Derek and I were with friends in Salt Lake when I got the phone call I never thought that I would ever get. A whole day had passed before I even found out, and I was the first out of my family to know. I remember calling my mom uncontrollably crying and not being able to breathe to break her the news. The car ride from Salt Lake to Eden felt like the longest car ride I had ever been on. My parents are divorced and my dad had lived with my grandma. That night we went to her house and many family were there but I felt like my body was there but my soul wasn't. I grabbed a picture of me and him and held it to my chest as I rocked back in forth in his chair. Everyday its hard to grasp the reality that he is truly gone. I pick up the phone countless times to look at his number and wanting to dial it just to hear his voice. With our wedding coming up the thought of just knowing my dad won't be there kills me every time I think about it. I still don't know why he chose to leave this earth but I'm blessed to have such an amazing guardian angel to watch after me. 

In 2014 we lost Dereks cousin to suicide as well, she was 17. Suicide has become a serious issue and we need to do all that we can to prevent it. Stay Wear Clothing is a company that has a causes line that for every purchase they will donate 10% to local non-profit programs focused on suicide prevention. With companies like this I know that one day suicide will be less of an issue. If you know anyone who suffers from depression or has suicidal thoughts, be there for them. Show them your love and that you care. Prove to them that life is hard but it is worth it to stay. #ichoosetostay

Jeans (sold out) Similar
FreeBird Booties

No comments:

Post a Comment