Monday, May 9, 2016

Forever Begins



















I will never forget this day and how this sweet fiancĂ© of mine asked me to be his girl forever! A month before we got engaged we had scheduled a photo shoot with our friend Kierstin. Just a few days after scheduling it I had a dream that at the shoot Derek proposed and I just had to tell him! For that whole month Derek had a fun time teasing me and telling me it wasn't going to happen for awhile. My heart was set on him proposing at our shoot and I wanted it to happen so bad but never told him that I expected it. April 23rd came, we woke up early and started getting ready and of course it started pouring rain. Kierstin and I decided to wait for a day where it was sunny. It was a day where everything seemed like it was going wrong and having one of my girl moments I didn't want to leave the house because I hated everything I put on. Derek just kept saying "Today is going to get better." 

We decided to take my brother Deston to see The Jungle Book. During movies Derek hardly moves and his eyes are always glued to the tv, we go to the movies A LOT! But this time was different, he was super fidgety and couldn't concentrate. At one point he pulled his phone from his pocket and whispered to me "Someone called me, I will call them after the movie." The movie got done and he called the number back. He was walking ahead of me and Deston and talking super quiet, so I was doing what I could to ease drop haha. He got off the phone and told me that my brother Skyler was at the club house and that James his friend was heading there to play ping pong and wanted us to come. They NEVER go to the clubhouse so when he told me that I started to laugh, looked at Deston and he laughed and was like "Yeah we are going to the clubhouse." I just kept thinking what is happening. 

We got in the car and started heading back to my house. It was a 20 minute drive of Derek nervous word vomiting and I knew something was up! We pulled up to the club house and ran to the front door. We kept knocking to be let in but no one was answering the door. Sky ran from around back to tell us that the front door was broken and we had to go around back. We got to the back door and Skyler opened it, as soon as he did I could see the trail of rose pedals and immediately started crying. I was in shock and was frozen by the door to the point where Derek had to grab my hand and pull me through! He grabbed the ring on the table, got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. And of course I said yes!! In the weight room was my family and his family watching and Kierstin was there to capture such a special moment for us. Derek did such an amazing job with everything and I still can't believe we are engaged! Wedding planning so far has been stressful but so fun and I cannot wait to marry that handsome man of mine! We have so many friends and family who have shown us nothing but love and support and we are so truly blessed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment