Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Necklaces with Meaning















Hello loves! We are officially half way through the week! With Christmas next week I wanted to do a special post on one of the greatest gifts that I have ever received. On September 10, 2015 my dad committed suicide. It came without any warning and to this day I ask myself "why?" For Christmas last year Derek and my mom came up with these two necklaces that I wear almost daily. The rectangle bar necklace is my dads birthday in roman numerals. The other one my mom had made and it contains something I never would have thought to put in a necklace. In the small round part contains some of my dads ashes. My dad everyday would ask "has anyone told you they loved you yet today?" Whether you said yes or no, he would say "consider it done." So on the bottom round part it says you are loved. To this day its still hard to talk about my dads passing. This past year he has missed out on so much and I still cant go to a wedding and stay in the room when the daddy daughter dance happens. To know I missed out on that breaks my heart but when I wear this necklace I know that he is with me always. It gives me a sense of peace knowing that he is no longer suffering and that he is in a better place. Sometimes in the middle of the night I can smell his cigars that I hated so much and have seen him watching over me in our room. You know that your parents will one day leave this earth but you never know that in rare occasions they can be taken long before expected. If you have lost a loved one and they have been cremated, I highly recommend doing something like this for them. Some people think its weird when I tell them, but they will never truly feel how I do until they too go through it. But for all of you that have and continue to support me, I love you deeply. Thank you all for following! 

Vest similar
Top similar
Jeans similar

2 comments:

  1. Seriously in Love with your outfit!!! Such a beautiful meaning behind the necklace! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is enterprise associated knowledge gaining article. This put up is truly the first-class on this valuable subject matter. necklaces

    ReplyDelete